How do I use Sphero Mini Face Drive?
Face Drive is a completely new way to drive your Sphero robot, but it can take a little while to get the hang of. First, you'll want to make sure that the Face Drive mode recognizes your face and is no longer shaded pink. Once clear, here are the basics of controlling your Sphero Mini:
- Start by aiming Sphero Mini
- Position your face so that it is fully visible in the on-screen circle and the pink shading disappears
- Smile to go forward, and tilt your head to steer
- Frown to go backward, and tilt your head to steer
- Make an angry face, and Mini runs away
- Make a surprised face, and Mini does a little dance
- Wink and Mini changes color
Is Mini driving too fast? Smile, frown and tilt your head, less. Sphero Mini's speed is controlled by the degree to which you emote.
We also hid a few Face Drive easter eggs. Try playing ‘Peekaboo’ with Mini. Close both eyes until you hear a notification tone. Mini will flash in red and blue to play with you. When you open your eyes and Mini is red, Mini gives you a raspberry. When you open your eyes and Mini is blue, Mini will laugh at you! Also, try bobbing your head, Mini will play some music for you.