Vulnerability Disclosure Program
Enabling Location Permissions on Android
Sphero's Unsolicited Ideas Policy
Airplane Travel with Sphero
Replacement Charging Cables
Can the Batteries be Replaced?
Where Did the Sphero Mini App Go?
Sphero Mini Disconnects when Plugged In
Sphero Mini FAQ
Getting Started with Sphero Mini
Sphero Mini's Lights
Sphero Mini Connection Troubleshooting
Sphero Mini Soccer FAQ
Sphero Mini Activity Kit FAQ
Sphero Mini EDU 16 Pack FAQ
Is Sphero Mini Kit compatible with other Robots?
BOLT Power Pack
BOLT Power Pack Tips
Charging and Setting Up BOLT
Charging Cradle Compatibility
Condensation Inside Sphero BOLT
Prolonging BOLT Battery Life (Deep Sleep)
BOLT at Home Guide
Sphero RVR and RVR+
Sphero RVR and RVR+ Warnings
Drawing power for the USB and UART ports
Missing UART Cable
Lost Charging Cable?
RVR and RVR+ Long Term Storage
Sphero RVR and RVR+ Battery FAQ
Getting Started with RVR and RVR+
What's new with RVR+?
Lost Battery Key?
Cleaning RVR/RVR+ Wheels
Ollie + Ollie Darkside
Ollie Dies Quickly After a Full Charge
Ollie and Darkside Security
Ollie Device Compatibility
Specdrums MIX Device Compatibility
Specdrums Edu Device Compatibility
Windows and MacOS MIDI
Number of Rings that can Connect to App
Number of Colors Specdrums can Play
Specdrums MIX Tutorial: Getting Started
Are Specdrums Waterproof?
Specdrums Battery Life
Specdrums MIX Tutorial: Customizing Packs
What Colors can Specdrums Play?
Specdrums MIX Tutorial: Recording and Sharing a Song
What objects can be played with Specdrums?
Specdrums EDU 12 Pack FAQ
Specdrums Edu App not Making Noise
Replacement Ring FAQ
Spedrums MIX "Share" Feature not Available
Sphero 1.0 + 2.0
Pairing Sphero with a Device
Sphero Quick Start Guide
Sphero Light not Working
Sphero's Bluetooth Range
Sphero Firmware Updates
Is Sphero Waterproof?
Sphero not Holding a Charge
Unable to Update Firmware
Sphero isn't Charging
What is Boost Mode?
Connecting Sphero to Device
Sphero not Following Driving Instructions
Sphero is Glowing Blue + White - Not Connecting
Sphero SPRK Edition
SPRK+ Power Pack
Power Pack charging base stopped working
Can I charge other Sphero robots in the Power Pack?
Power Pack dimensions and specifications
Power Pack modes and light indicator
One of the SPRK+ robots in my Power Pack won't connect.
How can I purchase a Power Pack?
Using the SPRK+ Power Pack
SPRK+ Power Pack General Information
Using the Protractor + Maze Tape
What's the difference between SPRK+ and SPRK Edition?
SPRK+ not Holding a Charge
SPRK+ Charging Solutions
SPRK+ not Connecting
Condensation Inside Sphero SPRK+
Getting SPRK+ in my Classroom
Prolonging SPRK+ Battery Life (Deep Sleep)
Connecting SPRK+ to a Device
BOLT Upgrade Program
Activity Cards Available Languages
Code Mat Dimensions
Code Mat Compatible Robots
Code Mat App Compatibility
Activity Card Information
How many Students can use the Code Mat?
Can I Buy Additional Activity Cards?
What do the lights on the indi™ robot mean?
Do I need an app to use indi™?
Adjusting the Speaker Volume of indi™
Resetting your Sphero indi™
indi™ Battery + Charging FAQ
indi™ Color Cards + Durable Tiles
STEAM+ Kit / STEAM+ Coding Kit
What apps and devices are needed for the STEAM+ Coding Kit?
STEAM+ Coding Kit Invention Guide and Resources
What standards can I meet with the STEAM+ Coding Kit?
STEAM Student Set
How Many Students can use the STEAM Student Set?
I've Finished all the Projects. What's Next?
What Standards can I Meet with the STEAM Student Set?
Cross Axle vs D-Shaft DC Motor | Cross Axle vs Hub Mount Servos
Available Lessons and Curriculum
Learning to Use the STEAM Student Set
littleBits Code Kit
What standards can I Meet with the Code Kit?
o28 LED Matrix vs o29 Round LED Matrix
Is Prior Experience Needed for the Code Kit?
Will this Work with the Bits I Already Have?
Code Kit Device Compatibility
Debugging littleBits Code
Code Kit Debugging Checklist
Difficulty Connecting codeBit to Computer
I'm not a Teacher - Can I Buy This?
What Kind of Code Does this Teach?
Hall of Fame Kits
Hall of Fame Kit Instructions
Are the Templates in the Bubble Bot Waterproof?
Empty Compartment upon Opening
Sound Trigger not Holding a Sound for 3 Seconds
Can I Combine Kits to Make Extra Inventions?
Pro Library / Makerspace Invention Wall
Makerspace Invention Wall / Pro Library Storage options
Wall Storage Mounting Instructions
2018 Pro Library Updates
Education Starter Kit
General littleBits Questions
Disinfect littleBits with UV Light
Taking Care of Bits in the Classroom
littleBits Classroom - Lessons and Curriculum for Educators
littleBits Inventor Kits
Gizmos & Gadgets Kit 2nd Edition
User Manuals - English
User Manuals - Italian
User Manuals - Spanish
User Manuals - Portuguese
User Manuals - German
User Manuals - French
Sphero + littleBits Apps
Computer Science Foundations
Using Computer Science Foundations
Purchasing Computer Science Foundations
Accessing Computer Science Foundations
Which Robots work with CS Foundations?
Sphero Edu: Important Notifications
Changing Support for iOS 10 and 11 with Sphero Edu 6.3.0
Changing support for iOS 9 in the Fall of 2020
Update: Sphero Compatibility with Chrome OS
Sphero Q&A: Chrome OS Update
Sphero Virtual Robot Beta
Robot Keeps Disconnecting (iOS)
Important RVR Firmware Update - August 31, 2020
Changing support for Android 5, 6, and 7 in February, 2022
Major Sphero Edu Windows App Update
Changes to Community Programs in May 2022
iOS Sphero Edu Video Playback Issues
Major Sphero Edu macOS App Update
Sphero Edu and Location Services for Android and Chromebooks
Sphero Edu Platform Scheduled Maintenance: July 8th, 2023
Google Sign-In Changes for the macOS and Windows Versions of Sphero Edu (Legacy Issue)
Important RVR/RVR+ Firmware Update - October 2022
Which Robot is Best for my Needs?
Sphero EDU Device Compatibility
Sphero Edu Class Codes
Account Setup with Sphero Edu
Verifying your Child's Sphero Edu Account
Verify Teacher Identity
Changing my Child's Password
Programming with Sphero Edu
In The Classroom
Change My Language
Privacy and Security
Sphero Edu QR Codes
Sphero Edu + Clever
Locating Missing Programs
Sphero Edu Android App on Chromebooks
Sphero Edu Account Deletion
Sphero Edu app (Windows vs. Chrome)
Getting Started with Sphero Edu
Classroom Management Tools
Publishing Sphero Edu Activities
Sphero Edu + Google Classrooms
Sphero Edu Activity Codes
Sphero Edu Webinars
What Sounds Can I Make With Sphero EDU?
Archiving Sphero Edu Classes
-999 Error Code
Sphero Edu IT Guide for Schools
Changing Text-To-Speech Settings for The "Speak" Block
Downloading the Sphero Play App
Using Scream Drive
Sphero Play Device Compatibility
Programming with Sphero Play
Choosing Language Preference
Downloading Sphero Play
Unable to Access Golf Drive
Privacy + Security
Face Drive not Available
- All Categories
- Sphero + littleBits Apps
- Sphero Edu
- Sphero Edu QR Codes
Sphero Edu QR Codes
Updated by Micah Daby
Types of QR Codes
The Sphero Edu app can scan and open official Sphero Edu QR codes. Sphero Edu QR codes are QR codes that lead to a URL for a public program or public activity. Any QR code leading to another website, service, etc. will fail when scanned within the Sphero Edu app. User-made QR codes that meet the requirements of the Edu app are also supported. These user-made QR codes must link to a program or activity.
The Sphero Edu app has in-app QR code scanning on the following platforms, provided the app version is 5.2.4 or higher:
- Android (including Chromebooks)
QR code scanning is not currently available in the Amazon Fire OS version of the Edu app.
Products with QR Codes
Various Sphero products include QR codes. These codes allow for quick, convenient shortcuts to programs and activities. The current products with Sphero Edu-supported QR codes include:
- Computer Science Foundations: All 3 Sphero Computer Science Foundation curriculum books include QR codes that can be scanned by teachers and students to open the associated CS Foundations activities.
- Sphero Mini Edu activity cards: Edu activity cards are bundled with the 16 pack release of Sphero Mini. These cards include QR codes that allow the user to quickly open associated programs.
Creating Your Own Codes
Each public program or activity can be made into a shareable QR code. Follow these steps to create your own!
- Go to edu.sphero.com in your browser and find the program or activity you'd like to create a QR code for.
- Select and copy the URL from the address bar for that activity or program.
- Enter or paste the copied address in a QR code generator. There are generally two types of QR codes: static and dynamic. Dynamic QR codes include a "short URL" and allow you to change the program or activity URL later without needing to change the QR code itself.
- Static QR codes work well for all programs and activities. These are easily read by the Sphero Edu app on all supported platforms.
- Dynamic QR codes are supported in the Sphero Edu app. These are useful if you want to use the same QR code over time, but change the associated program or activity at a later date. Dynamic QR codes need to include a short URL that is "HTTPS" as opposed to "HTTP". This will ensure compatibility with iOS and Android versions of the Sphero Edu app.
NOTE: Dynamic QR codes may appear as "invalid" on the Chromebook version of Sphero Edu. If this happens, use static QR codes instead.
Invalid QR Codes
- Make sure you are scanning a valid Sphero Edu QR code. A valid QR code always leads to a program or activity in the Edu app.
- Programs and Activities must be made public, otherwise they will display as an "invalid QR code" when scanned by other users. However, you can scan your own private QR codes as long as you are signed in and have access to them.
- If a dynamic QR code is scanned, the short URL must include HTTPS for security purposes. Otherwise it will appear as an "invalid" QR code when scanned on iOS and Android devices.
- Unofficial dynamic QR codes are not supported on Chromebook. If an unofficial QR code is scanned, it will appear as an "invalid" QR code.
- Camera permissions need to be granted on the following platforms before users can access the QR code scanner in the Sphero Edu app:
- macOS (Mojave or newer)
- Ensure there is enough lighting on the QR code for the camera to adequately scan the code.
- Some cameras on devices do not have auto focus. As a result, QR codes may appear blurry when they are too close to the camera. Move the QR code further away from the camera until it is in focus.
- If you are having trouble scanning your own QR codes, try resizing them and making them bigger. Larger QR codes are easier to scan with some cameras.