Sphero Firmware Updates
Firmware upgrades provide improved performance for our favorite rolling robot. They improve Sphero's driving control, allow you to play games using new capabilities like collision detection, and even make life a little easier by perfectly orienting your Sphero for charging.
Here's how to make sure your Sphero's Firmware upgrade runs smoothly.
- First, make sure you have the most up to date version of the Sphero App and that your ball has a strong charge.
- Make sure you have an active internet connection, either over WiFi or on your 3G/4G connection. Firmware upgrades require an internet connection.
- Connect to Sphero.
- Open the main Sphero App
- You may be prompted that a firmware upgrade is available for Sphero. In this case, select "Yes" to start the update.
- If not, you can "Force Update" the firmware in the Sphero App by tapping the settings gear, tapping the "i" symbol and choosing "Force Update." You might need to tap the button a few times if you have a poor internet connection.
- Your firmware update should begin, with Sphero flashing orange and your device showing a progress bar with elevator music playing in the background. This will stop when the update is complete.
Your Sphero should be ready to roll.