Vulnerability Disclosure Program
Enabling Location Permissions on Android
Sphero's Unsolicited Ideas Policy
Airplane Travel with Sphero
Replacement Charging Cables
Can the Batteries be Replaced?
Where Did the Sphero Mini App Go?
Sphero Mini Disconnects when Plugged In
Sphero Mini FAQ
Getting Started with Sphero Mini
Sphero Mini's Lights
Sphero Mini Connection Troubleshooting
Sphero Mini Soccer FAQ
Sphero Mini Activity Kit FAQ
Sphero Mini EDU 16 Pack FAQ
Is Sphero Mini Kit compatible with other Robots?
BOLT Power Pack
BOLT Power Pack Tips
Charging and Setting Up BOLT
Charging Cradle Compatibility
Condensation Inside Sphero BOLT
Prolonging BOLT Battery Life (Deep Sleep)
BOLT at Home Guide
Sphero RVR and RVR+
Sphero RVR and RVR+ Warnings
Drawing power for the USB and UART ports
Missing UART Cable
Lost Charging Cable?
RVR and RVR+ Long Term Storage
Sphero RVR and RVR+ Battery FAQ
Getting Started with RVR and RVR+
What's new with RVR+?
Lost Battery Key?
Cleaning RVR/RVR+ Wheels
Ollie + Ollie Darkside
Ollie Dies Quickly After a Full Charge
Ollie and Darkside Security
Ollie Device Compatibility
Specdrums MIX Device Compatibility
Specdrums Edu Device Compatibility
Windows and MacOS MIDI
Number of Rings that can Connect to App
Number of Colors Specdrums can Play
Specdrums MIX Tutorial: Getting Started
Are Specdrums Waterproof?
Specdrums Battery Life
Specdrums MIX Tutorial: Customizing Packs
What Colors can Specdrums Play?
Specdrums MIX Tutorial: Recording and Sharing a Song
What objects can be played with Specdrums?
Specdrums EDU 12 Pack FAQ
Specdrums Edu App not Making Noise
Replacement Ring FAQ
Spedrums MIX "Share" Feature not Available
Sphero 1.0 + 2.0
Pairing Sphero with a Device
Sphero Quick Start Guide
Sphero Light not Working
Sphero's Bluetooth Range
Sphero Firmware Updates
Is Sphero Waterproof?
Sphero not Holding a Charge
Unable to Update Firmware
Sphero isn't Charging
What is Boost Mode?
Connecting Sphero to Device
Sphero not Following Driving Instructions
Sphero is Glowing Blue + White - Not Connecting
Sphero SPRK Edition
SPRK+ Power Pack
Power Pack charging base stopped working
Can I charge other Sphero robots in the Power Pack?
Power Pack dimensions and specifications
Power Pack modes and light indicator
One of the SPRK+ robots in my Power Pack won't connect.
How can I purchase a Power Pack?
Using the SPRK+ Power Pack
SPRK+ Power Pack General Information
Using the Protractor + Maze Tape
What's the difference between SPRK+ and SPRK Edition?
SPRK+ not Holding a Charge
SPRK+ Charging Solutions
SPRK+ not Connecting
Condensation Inside Sphero SPRK+
Getting SPRK+ in my Classroom
Prolonging SPRK+ Battery Life (Deep Sleep)
Connecting SPRK+ to a Device
BOLT Upgrade Program
Activity Cards Available Languages
Code Mat Dimensions
Code Mat Compatible Robots
Code Mat App Compatibility
Activity Card Information
How many Students can use the Code Mat?
Can I Buy Additional Activity Cards?
What do the lights on the indi™ robot mean?
Do I need an app to use indi™?
Adjusting the Speaker Volume of indi™
Resetting your Sphero indi™
indi™ Battery + Charging FAQ
indi™ Color Cards + Durable Tiles
STEAM+ Kit / STEAM+ Coding Kit
What apps and devices are needed for the STEAM+ Coding Kit?
STEAM+ Coding Kit Invention Guide and Resources
What standards can I meet with the STEAM+ Coding Kit?
STEAM Student Set
How Many Students can use the STEAM Student Set?
I've Finished all the Projects. What's Next?
What Standards can I Meet with the STEAM Student Set?
Cross Axle vs D-Shaft DC Motor | Cross Axle vs Hub Mount Servos
Available Lessons and Curriculum
Learning to Use the STEAM Student Set
littleBits Code Kit
What standards can I Meet with the Code Kit?
o28 LED Matrix vs o29 Round LED Matrix
Is Prior Experience Needed for the Code Kit?
Will this Work with the Bits I Already Have?
Code Kit Device Compatibility
Debugging littleBits Code
Code Kit Debugging Checklist
Difficulty Connecting codeBit to Computer
I'm not a Teacher - Can I Buy This?
What Kind of Code Does this Teach?
Hall of Fame Kits
Hall of Fame Kit Instructions
Are the Templates in the Bubble Bot Waterproof?
Empty Compartment upon Opening
Sound Trigger not Holding a Sound for 3 Seconds
Can I Combine Kits to Make Extra Inventions?
Pro Library / Makerspace Invention Wall
Makerspace Invention Wall / Pro Library Storage options
Wall Storage Mounting Instructions
2018 Pro Library Updates
Education Starter Kit
General littleBits Questions
Disinfect littleBits with UV Light
Taking Care of Bits in the Classroom
littleBits Classroom - Lessons and Curriculum for Educators
littleBits Inventor Kits
Gizmos & Gadgets Kit 2nd Edition
User Manuals - English
User Manuals - Italian
User Manuals - Spanish
User Manuals - Portuguese
User Manuals - German
User Manuals - French
Sphero + littleBits Apps
Computer Science Foundations
Using Computer Science Foundations
Purchasing Computer Science Foundations
Accessing Computer Science Foundations
Which Robots work with CS Foundations?
Sphero Edu: Important Notifications
Changing Support for iOS 10 and 11 with Sphero Edu 6.3.0
Changing support for iOS 9 in the Fall of 2020
Update: Sphero Compatibility with Chrome OS
Sphero Q&A: Chrome OS Update
Sphero Virtual Robot Beta
Robot Keeps Disconnecting (iOS)
Important RVR Firmware Update - August 31, 2020
Changing support for Android 5, 6, and 7 in February, 2022
Major Sphero Edu Windows App Update
Changes to Community Programs in May 2022
iOS Sphero Edu Video Playback Issues
Major Sphero Edu macOS App Update
Sphero Edu and Location Services for Android and Chromebooks
Google Sign-In Changes for the macOS and Windows Versions of Sphero Edu (Legacy Issue)
Important RVR/RVR+ Firmware Update - October 2022
Which Robot is Best for my Needs?
Sphero EDU Device Compatibility
Sphero Edu Class Codes
Account Setup with Sphero Edu
Verifying your Child's Sphero Edu Account
Verify Teacher Identity
Changing my Child's Password
Programming with Sphero Edu
In The Classroom
Change My Language
Privacy and Security
Sphero Edu QR Codes
Sphero Edu + Clever
Locating Missing Programs
Sphero Edu Android App on Chromebooks
Sphero Edu Account Deletion
Sphero Edu app (Windows vs. Chrome)
Getting Started with Sphero Edu
Classroom Management Tools
Publishing Sphero Edu Activities
Sphero Edu + Google Classrooms
Sphero Edu Activity Codes
Sphero Edu Webinars
What Sounds Can I Make With Sphero EDU?
Archiving Sphero Edu Classes
-999 Error Code
Sphero Edu IT Guide for Schools
Changing Text-To-Speech Settings for The "Speak" Block
Downloading the Sphero Play App
Using Scream Drive
Sphero Play Device Compatibility
Programming with Sphero Play
Choosing Language Preference
Downloading Sphero Play
Unable to Access Golf Drive
Privacy + Security
Face Drive not Available
- All Categories
- Sphero + littleBits Apps
- Sphero Edu
- Account Setup with Sphero Edu
Account Setup with Sphero Edu
Updated by mike moran
Interested in setting up an account for use with Sphero Edu? Please review the information below to ensure you chose the right option.
"Quick Start" or Accounts?
Firstly, it's worth noting that signing up for an account in Sphero Edu is optional. You can access the main features of the app without an account, including creating programs for your robot, and working on educational activities. If you are unsure if you need a Sphero Edu account, you can always start the app in "Quick Start" mode and decide later. At any point you can create an account if you want to take advantage of these benefits:
- Program Storage: Cloud storage and sync for your programs, which allows you to access your programs on any compatible device.
- Activity Storage: Cloud storage and sync for activity progress. That means you can pick up and continue activity progress wherever you left off, on any compatible device.
- Activity Publishing: For applicable accounts, you can create custom activities and publish them to the community activity section.
- Classes/Families: For applicable accounts, you can set up classes/families and manage accounts for your students or children. You can also manage their assignments.
Account Types in Sphero Edu
There are four core account types in Sphero Edu, each with specific capabilities:
- Teacher: Intended for instructors in schools and education settings. Teacher accounts can create/manage classes and student accounts. They can also assign activities and create custom activities to share with students and the community. Sign in options for Teacher accounts include: Clever, Google, and standard accounts (email/username and password).
- Student: Intended for students in schools and education settings. Student accounts are created and managed by Teachers, and are intended to allow students to work on programs and assigned activities. Sign in options for Student accounts include: Clever, Google, and standard accounts (username and password).
- Parent/Guardian: Intended for parents/guardians at home. Parent/Guardian accounts can can create and manage accounts for their children. They can also assign activities and create custom activities to share with their children and the community. Sign in options for Parent/Guardian accounts include: Google, Sign in With Apple, and standard accounts (email/username and password).
- Learner: Intended for general users and children at home. Learner accounts can be created two ways. If you are over the age gate for your region (ex: 13 or older in the United States), then you can create your own account. If you are under the age gate for your region (ex: 12 or younger in the United States), then you cannot create your own account and will need a parent to create an account for you. Learner accounts cannot create or manage classes/families like Teacher and Parent/Guardian accounts. Sign in options for Learner accounts include: Google, Sign in With Apple, and standard accounts (email/username and password).
Account Features for Each Account Type
Save and store programs
Work on and save activity progress
Create custom activities
Publicly publish activities
Manage your family and create children accounts
Manage your classes and create student accounts
Assign activities for students/children to work on
Sync Clever or Google Classroom rosters*
Sign In With Google
Sign in With Apple
Sign in With Clever
Sign in With Standard accounts (email/username + password)
*To sync Clever rosters, district IT admins must request access through their Clever admin portal
Class codes are intended to be a quick way for teachers to give their students access to basic account features, including saving program progress and working on assigned activities. Currently they are only available as a sign in option for students. Please review our Class Code Guide if you are interested in learning more about class codes.