Sphero is Flashing Red Continuously
If your Sphero is flashing red consistently even though it is charged this means that Sphero got interrupted during a firmware update. This is typically due to having a weak internet connection when attempting the firmware update.
Here's how to make sure your Sphero's firmware upgrade runs smoothly.
- First, make sure you have the most up to date version of the Sphero App and that your ball has a strong charge.
- If you put your Sphero in the charger and it continues to flash red instead of going to sleep, hit the button on the side of the charger to put Sphero into deep sleep and allow it to charge for at least an hour.
- Make sure you have an active internet connection, either over WiFi or on your 4G/LTE connection. Firmware upgrades require an internet connection.
- Connect to Sphero.
- Open the main Sphero App
- Your Sphero should begin a firmware update immediately.
- You may be prompted that a firmware upgrade is available for Sphero. In this case, select "Yes" to start the update.
- Your firmware update should begin, with Sphero flashing orange and your device showing a progress bar with elevator music playing in the background. This will stop when the update is complete.
If you find continued difficulty in updating the firmware, you may need to try updating at a different location with a stronger internet connection, like an office, school, coffee shop, or a friend's house.