In The ClassroomUpdated 4 months ago
For you schools out there using lots-o’-bots in the classroom, we developed some special features to make your lives easier:
- Set up a classroom with student logins, assign activities and track them in real-time. For speedy setup, use our roster CSV uploader
- Create an activity and assign it to your class, or share it publicly with the community
- Save your work by creating an account and jump between the apps or website
- Disable sounds when dragging blocks to improve classroom focus. Go to Home>Settings>Canvas Sounds option
Sphero Edu Lessons + Activities
We at Sphero are constantly working on engaging, educational content intended for use in the classroom. Check out what we, and our community, have created to leverage the full potential of our Sphero Edu platform and robots: https://edu.sphero.com/cwists/category.
Our Sphero-created Draw and Blocks intros and activities are a great place to start. Once students have an understanding of the concepts, we recommend moving into specific activities geared towards specific curriculum. If you have a class set up, assign activities to your students that complement and enrich your lesson plans.
If you're interested in taking a deep-dive into utilizing Sphero Edu to its full potential in the classroom, send an email to [email protected].
Common Core Standards
Many of our activities align with CCSS and NGSS educational standards in a variety of subjects, and there is much more to come!
Activities and lessons are also searchable on the activities page of the Sphero Edu website using the "Edu Standards" filter.
IT + Sphero Edu
Some schools have tight firewalls and security, so you may need to check these 3 things to get Sphero Edu working:
- Open ports 80 and 443 to allow web traffic, these ports are sometimes blocked; and
- Whitelist the [email protected] email that sends account activation emails and edu.sphero.com; and
- Ensure users can view YouTube videos, or whitelist the Sphero Edu Youtube channel.