Sphero Firmware UpdatesUpdated 7 months ago
Firmware upgrades provide improved performance for our favorite rolling robot. They improve Sphero's driving control, allow you to play games using new capabilities like collision detection, and even make life a little easier by perfectly orienting your Sphero for charging.
Here's how to make sure your Sphero's Firmware upgrade runs smoothly.
- First, make sure you have the most up to date version of the Sphero Edu App and that your ball has a strong charge.
- Make sure you have an active internet connection, either over WiFi or on your 3G/4G connection. Firmware upgrades require an internet connection.
- Connect to Sphero.
- Open a supported Sphero app
- If a firmware update is required, it will automatically begin.
- Your firmware update should begin, with Sphero flashing orange and your device showing a progress bar with elevator music playing in the background. This will stop when the update is complete.
Your Sphero should be ready to roll.