Start a new topic
Planned

Voice commands don't work on my iPad

I turned on voice, turned sound all the way up, spoke "Draw" or "Drive", nothing occurs, no app change or ball response. Is that intentional?

I have this problem also. It can be fixed most of the time by turning voice control then closing the app all the way.  However I would like this to be fixed. I have a similar problem with auto heading adjust.

Just got my sphero here in canada...totally fun but i do want to be able to use voice commands. I have tried enablig voice commands, shutting the app down entirely, and restarting the app, but no luck. Any other ideas?

Have the same issue on the iPhone. It don't get it working..

Seem using voice control does not work? How can it when there is no voice recogtion in iPad/iPod?

makes no sense to ask the support here. they will not answer..

Sphero can be a petulant little creature and sometimes doesn't do what he's told. What we have found is that if you speak really close to the microphone then he is more likely to respond. Sometimes Sphero can not interpret what you are telling him to do if there is a lot of background noise or a case is covering your device. It is obviously important to have Voice Control turned on in the main Sphero App too.

I've done a lot of dictation apps. my iPad works fine with dictation. but sphero doesn't seem to operate correctly. I'd like to see some kind of debugging or some type of sample app that you speak and it responds. Just so you know, I dictated this entire entry. On my iPad.

I've done a lot of dictation apps. my iPad works fine with dictation. but sphero doesn't seem to operate correctly. I'd like to see some kind of debugging or some type of sample app that you speak and it responds. Just so you know, I dictated this entire entry. On my iPad.

It posted twice, because I hit the button to save twice..

Ok, other than complaining, here's my suggestion: Fr voice control, when turned on, have some visual indicator on the main app that shows it is on. When the app is running in this mode, show a waveform of the microphone. If we have high ambient noise, the wave window could represent that; maybe two red,line of high and low for the sweet spot of the wave. When the app processes a command, show the command of a question mark that represents, 'I don't understand you'.

Hi, I just boght sphero for my son and it won't respond voice commands on ipad3, ipad mini and iphone4. Im running ios6 and the sphero app is updated. I even can't find any place on instructions manual or over the web or inside apps nothing that says how to use voice control, what apps uses it and what commands are recognizable. It is a mystery! I realised that the new app is different than ta previous version that I saw a year ago on my friends ipad, so I don't know if you guys change and do not support voice anymore. I can't even find where is that app that you make questions and sphero responds! The only button that has a speaker in settings of mais sphero app don't do nothing but a beep when I click it. I've tried everything said here, turn off the app, change the device, run again and nothing. It's really annoying that there is no information att all here or over the web about voice commands. Please, if someone knows something please share. Its being a lot disappointment that I've paid so mucho for a robotic ball and it doesen't work as advertised.

Hi Alexandre, We actually took the voice control command off in our second version of the app which was released in September 2012 because it wasn't the seamless experience that we wanted Sphero to be. Hopefully we will be able to release it again in the future. The voice control was not actually something we ever advertised. 

Login or Signup to post a comment