Start a new topic

Q: My Sphero 2.0 is flashing red consistently

A: If your Sphero is flashing red consistently even though it is charged this means that Sphero got interrupted during a firmware update.

Here's how to make sure your Sphero's firmware upgrade runs smoothly.

• First, make sure you have the most up to date version of the Sphero App and that your ball has a strong charge.
  • Make sure you have an active internet connection, either over WiFi or on your 3G/4G connection. Firmware upgrades require an internet connection. 
  • Connect to Sphero.
  • Open the main Sphero App
  • You may be prompted that a firmware upgrade is available for Sphero.  In this case, select "Yes" to start the update. 
  • If not, you can "Force Update" the firmware in the Sphero App by tapping the settings gear, tapping the "i" symbol and choosing "Force Update." You might need to tap the button a few times if you have a poor internet connection.
  • Your firmware update should begin, with Sphero flashing orange and your device showing a progress bar with elevator music playing in the background. This will stop when the update is complete.

5 people have this question

What do i do to fix this?

It could also be low battery. That's what it does to me when it's low on battery.
Login or Signup to post a comment