If your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad/iPad2 hangs when processing Sphero's firmware update, please attempt these steps.
"Force Update" Sphero's firmware
- From the main iPhone/ iPod/ iPad home screen, open up Settings
- Scroll down to Sphero
- The second block of menu options should say Firmware Updates
- Turn the switch that says Force Update to On
- Go back to the main Settings menu and connect your Sphero with Bluetooth as usual.
- From the home screen open the main Sphero app.
- Your firmware update should begin and you should be rolling as soon as it completes.
If the firmware update does not complete, try resetting the connection between Sphero and your device as described below and run the "Force Update" again.
Reset connection between Sphero and mobile device.
- Hold the Sleep button at the top right of your device down for ~10 seconds until a red prompt appears inviting you to Slide to power off.
- Slide the prompt so that device powers off completely.
- Once off, restart device by holding down Sleep button until the device begins to boot.
- Once the device is back up and running, make sure Sphero is awake, start the Sphero app, and accept the firmware update.