1. Remove BB-8 from box.
2. Place BB-8 on a flat surface. Placing BB-8 on a flat surface will make it easier to attach BB-8's head. Once BB-8's head is attached, place BB-8 In the charging cradle.
3. You will now need to plug the BB-8 charging base into a USB charger. (Please note the BB-8 comes with a BB-8, Charging base and USB cable but will not have a wall charger. You can plug the USB cable into any standard USB wall charge port).
4. BB-8 will flash red and then white once successfully connected to the charging base. This will also wake BB-8 from his deep sleep.
5. You will need to install the Sphero BB-8 app on either your Android or IOS device
Once you have successfully installed the Sphero BB-8 mobile apps, you should now be ready to connect to BB-8.
6. Remove your BB-8 from the charging base and place the BB-8 unit on a flat surface.
7. You should now be ready to connect with the BB-8 (Please make sure that "Bluetooth" is enabled on your device). Please open the BB-8 app on your device, it will immediately attempt to connect to the nearest Sphero BB-8 unit.
Once you are successfully connected you will now be able to utilize your BB-8.
For additional information please see the following video: