Follow the step by step instructions below to update the language your Lightning McQueen speaks.
Note: following these steps will only change the language Lightning McQueen speaks, not the language of the application. To change the language of the application, simply change the default language on your mobile device.
1) Plug Lightning McQueen in.
2) Launch the Lightning McQueen application next to you car.
3) Navigate to the settings page of the app, then tap 'Advanced'.
4) Using the 'Set Language' drop-down, select the language you'd like Lightning McQueen to speak.
5) When prompted, select 'Continue'.
6) An initial update will complete -- it may take a few seconds to progress to the second update.
7) Once the second update starts, Lightning has begun to "learn" a new language.
- Your device may tell you to "Move device closer", if your device is right next to your car, this will suffice. Wait a few seconds for the message to disappear and the update to continue.
8) Without pressing continue, write down the password on the screen, 'speedwayE' in this example, and navigate out of the app to your WiFi settings. Note: Password is case sensitive.
9) Find "lightning_" in your list of WiFi networks available, tap to select, and enter the password you wrote down earlier -- 'speedwayE' in this example.
10) Once connected to your car's WiFi, navigate back to the app and tap 'Continue'.
11) This next part of the update will take the longest. Leave the Lightning McQueen app open to complete the update. You may background the app if necessary and pick up where you left off, but if you disconnect from your car, progress will be lost and the update steps must be repeated.
Once the Update is complete, which between 15 - 45 minutes, the 'Start' button will appear and you're ready to play with Lightning McQueen and interact with him in a different language!
If you have any questions or concerns, please follow the link to open a new support ticket.
Or feel free to contact us at your convenience: