Vulnerability Disclosure Program
Enabling Location Permissions on Android
Sphero's Unsolicited Ideas Policy
Airplane Travel with Sphero
Replacement Charging Cables
Can the Batteries be Replaced?
Where Did the Sphero Mini App Go?
Sphero Mini Disconnects when Plugged In
Sphero Mini FAQ
Getting Started with Sphero Mini
Sphero Mini's Lights
Sphero Mini Connection Troubleshooting
Sphero Mini Soccer FAQ
Sphero Mini Activity Kit FAQ
Sphero Mini EDU 16 Pack FAQ
Is Sphero Mini Kit compatible with other Robots?
BOLT Power Pack
BOLT Power Pack Tips
Charging and Setting Up BOLT
Charging Cradle Compatibility
Condensation Inside Sphero BOLT
Prolonging BOLT Battery Life (Deep Sleep)
BOLT at Home Guide
Sphero RVR Warnings
Drawing power for the USB and UART ports
Missing UART Cable
Lost Charging Cable?
RVR Battery FAQ
Getting Started with RVR
Lost Battery Key?
Cleaning RVR's Wheels
Ollie + Ollie Darkside
Ollie Dies Quickly After a Full Charge
Ollie and Darkside Security
Ollie Device Compatibility
Specdrums MIX Device Compatibility
Specdrums Edu Device Compatibility
Windows and MacOS MIDI
Number of Rings that can Connect to App
Number of Colors Specdrums can Play
Specdrums MIX Tutorial: Getting Started
Are Specdrums Waterproof?
Specdrums Battery Life
Specdrums MIX Tutorial: Customizing Packs
What Colors can Specdrums Play?
Specdrums MIX Tutorial: Recording and Sharing a Song
What objects can be played with Specdrums?
Specdrums EDU 12 Pack FAQ
Specdrums Edu App not Making Noise
Replacement Ring FAQ
Spedrums MIX "Share" Feature not Available
Sphero 1.0 + 2.0
Pairing Sphero with a Device
Sphero Quick Start Guide
Sphero Light not Working
Sphero's Bluetooth Range
Sphero Firmware Updates
Is Sphero Waterproof?
Sphero not Holding a Charge
Unable to Update Firmware
Sphero isn't Charging
What is Boost Mode?
Connecting Sphero to Device
Sphero not Following Driving Instructions
Sphero is Glowing Blue + White - Not Connecting
Sphero SPRK Edition
SPRK+ Power Pack
Power Pack charging base stopped working
Can I charge other Sphero robots in the Power Pack?
Power Pack dimensions and specifications
Power Pack modes and light indicator
One of the SPRK+ robots in my Power Pack won't connect.
How can I purchase a Power Pack?
Using the SPRK+ Power Pack
SPRK+ Power Pack General Information
Using the Protractor + Maze Tape
What's the difference between SPRK+ and SPRK Edition?
SPRK+ not Holding a Charge
SPRK+ Charging Solutions
SPRK+ not Connecting
Condensation Inside Sphero SPRK+
Getting SPRK+ in my Classroom
Prolonging SPRK+ Battery Life (Deep Sleep)
Connecting SPRK+ to a Device
Activity Cards Available Languages
Code Mat Dimensions
Code Mat Compatible Robots
Code Mat App Compatibility
Activity Card Information
How many Students can use the Code Mat?
Can I Buy Additional Activity Cards?
STEAM+ Kit / STEAM+ Coding Kit
Hall of Fame Kits
Hall of Fame Kit Instructions
Are the Templates in the Bubble Bot Waterproof?
Empty Compartment upon Opening
Sound Trigger not Holding a Sound for 3 Seconds
Can I Combine Kits to Make Extra Inventions?
Education Starter Kit
Pro Library / Makerspace Invention Wall
Makerspace Invention Wall / Pro Library Storage options
Wall Storage Mounting Instructions
2018 Pro Library Updates
STEAM Student Set
How Many Students can use the STEAM Student Set?
I've Finished all the Projects. What's Next?
What Standards can I Meet with the STEAM Student Set?
Cross Axle vs D-Shaft DC Motor
Available Lessons and Curriculum
Leaning to Use the STEAM Student Set
littleBits Code Kit
What standards can I Meet with the Code Kit?
o28 LED Matrix vs o29 Round LED Matrix
Is Prior Experience Needed for the Code Kit?
Will this Work with the Bits I Already Have?
Code Kit Device Compatibility
Debugging littleBits Code
Code Kit Debugging Checklist
Difficulty Connecting codeBit to Computer
I'm not a Teacher - Can I Buy This?
What Kind of Code Does this Teach?
General littleBits Questions
Disinfect littleBits with UV Light
Taking Care of Bits in the Classroom
littleBits Classroom - Lessons and Curriculum for Educators
littleBits Inventor Kits
Instructions for the Base Inventor, Electronic Music Inventor, and Space Rover Inventor Kits
littleBits Needed for the "Inventing with littleBits" JAM Course (now DIY.org)?
Gizmos & Gadgets Kit 2nd Edition
User Manuals - English
User Manuals - Italian
User Manuals - Spanish
User Manuals - Portuguese
User Manuals - German
User Manuals - French
Sphero + littleBits Apps
Computer Science Foundations
Using Computer Science Foundations
Purchasing Computer Science Foundations
Accessing Computer Science Foundations
Which Robots work with CS Foundations?
Sphero Edu: Important Notifications
Changing Support for iOS 10 and 11 with Sphero Edu 6.3.0
Changing support for iOS 9 in the Fall of 2020
Update: Sphero Compatibility with Chrome OS
Sphero Q&A: Chrome OS Update
Sphero Virtual Robot Beta
Robot Keeps Disconnecting (iOS)
Important RVR Firmware Update
Changing support for Android 5, 6, and 7 in February, 2022
Major Sphero Edu Windows App Update
Changes to Community Programs in May 2022
iOS Sphero Edu Video Playback Issues
Major Sphero Edu macOS App Update
Sphero Edu and Location Services for Android and Chromebooks
Google Sign-In Changes for the macOS and Windows Versions of Sphero Edu (Legacy Issue)
Which Robot is Best for my Needs?
Sphero EDU Device Compatibility
Sphero Edu Class Codes
Verifying your Child's Sphero Edu Account
Verify Teacher Identity
Changing my Child's Password
Programming with Sphero Edu
In The Classroom
Change My Language
Privacy and Security
Sphero Edu QR Codes
Downloading Sphero Edu on Microsoft Devices
Sphero Edu + Clever
Difficulties with Google Sign In
Locating Missing Programs
Sphero Edu Android App on Chromebooks
Sphero Edu Account Deletion
Sphero Edu app (Windows vs. Chrome)
Getting Started with Sphero Edu
Classroom Management Tools
Sphero Edu + Google Classrooms
Sphero Edu Webinars
What Sounds Can I Make With Sphero EDU?
Archiving Sphero Edu Classes
-999 Error Code
Sphero Edu IT Guide for Schools
Changing Text-To-Speech Settings for The "Speak" Block
Downloading the Sphero Play App
Using Scream Drive
Sphero Play Device Compatibility
Programming with Sphero Play
Choosing Language Preference
Downloading Sphero Play
Unable to Access Golf Drive
Privacy + Security
Face Drive not Available
Updated by Micah Daby
Sphero BOLT has a bigger battery compared to previous Sphero models, and therefore takes a bit longer to charge. Follow these simple steps to get charged up!
- Plug the included USB Micro B cable into the charging cradle, and the other end into a USB port.
- Make sure that you are using the USB cable provided with BOLT or a USB cable that provides power (rather than a cable that only transports data).
- Make sure the USB port is providing enough power to properly Charge BOLT. If you plug the USB cable into your laptop, please ensure your laptop is plugged in to provide enough power. We recommend using a USB wall charger when possible.
- Place BOLT into the cradle and ensure it is upright, with the LED matrix facing straight up. You will know it is charging properly when the blue LED on the cradle begins blinking blue around once every second. If the BOLT is not centered and upright in the cradle, inductive charging will not work and the cradle LED will not flash.
- A fully depleted BOLT will take about 6 hours to charge to 100% capacity, but you can take the robot off the cradle and use it before it is fully charged.
- When the robot is fully charged, the blue charger light will be solid (not blinking) and will last for at least 2 hours of constant play. It can even last for 5+ hours over multiple play sessions. You can check your BOLT's approximate battery level by connecting to your BOLT in the Sphero Edu app and looking at the battery icon within the app.
- If you want to charge several BOLTs simultaneously, you can use a USB hub. Please ensure each port supports 600mAh to achieve the spec charging rate. If you are not sure that your USB hub meets our specs, or is safe to use, here are some specific options you can purchase:
If your BOLT does not look like it is charging, please try the following:
- Change the USB cable you are using
- Change the USB port you are charging from (try a USB wall charger)
- Reposition the BOLT on the cradle, so that the inductive charger is contacting the bottom of BOLT
- Press the button on the charger to reset BOLT